Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
new orchid sar.jpg

Reaction score
Nice purchase! I wish I had purchased somethng like that instead of a few clothes :p Very nice :) Congratulations, another great addition to your magnificent garden!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's gorgeous, more than gorgeous!:D I love buying and receiving new plants too, it's always so exciting and it makes me happy:D

Reaction score
Oh, that is so wonderful! What kind of orchid is that? I have never had much luck with keeping my orchids alive, they are such finicky plants! Although my lack of expertise with plants may be to blame. I am very jealous.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I visited your blog, Scotkat and I really enjoyed looking at the beautiful pictures you posted there. Your orchids are stunning! How many of them do you currently have?:D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Claudine myt total is 18 out of which 4 are in bloom.

Reaction score
that is a beautiful flower, it is so tall and elegant. The colors are passive and easy on the eyes.

Reaction score
I have just one orchid, purchased in the spring of 2012 for my wedding. I loved how it grew more blossoms and retained them for several months! When they died back I was hopeful that it would grow more, but also just happy that it had given me such pleasure. Well, it did grow another sprig of blossoms (it had two the first year) and had several blossoms on it, though not as many as the first time around. Last week I noticed it's already growing another blossom sprig! Is this normal? I transplanted it after it was finished blossoming this year, and trimmed back some of it's wild roots. Is that perhaps the reason for the "untimely" blossoming?

Reaction score
Wow, nice choice. Orchids are my favorite, they are so delicate and gorgeous. Sadly, I am too afraid to bring one home. I always spend time with them at the store, then change my mind and go to the clearance aisle. I have a thing for rescuing the "dying and unloved" plants of the clearance section. I bring them home and nurse them back to health. Well, most of the time. I won't lie, I've gotten a few that were beyond saving. Anyways, orchids just seem so daunting to me.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Orchids seem daunting to me also. I have not purchased one yet, I seem them in the store and wonder if I could keep it thriving but have decided to wait until I move into my own place and have more room that will allow me to have plants.

Reaction score
Oh scotkat you have such beautiful orchids! I love them all. You have quite the green thumb when it comes to them. I am afraid I would never be able to keep one alive. I know that they do need special care and I am afraid I would not be able to give it to them. I really love the one from your blog that looks as if it has purple splotches on it. I did not see a name for it. This new one is very pretty too. Kudos to you!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Shelly my Orchids don't get special care only special feed.

Ask a Question