My new place for plants

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I am going to move into another house, and there is a fine balcony where I was thinking about making a little "urban orchard".
The only problem is the orientation, the balcony is facing north, and I'm not really sure about what plants could grow well in that conditions.
I live in Spain, so the weather is warm most of the year. Any sugestions? Thanks :3

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
There are some herbs that would do well with a northern, less sun exposure--oregano, rosemary and mint. The first two won't exactly love the situation, but will grow.
You can try some of the lettuces. They adapt to containers and don't need much in the way of sun. Four hours sun ought to do it for lettuces.
We have an abundance of sunshine here in Texas so I'm not terribly familiar with shade loving plants. I hope someone more knowledgeable can fill in the gaps!

Reaction score
If there is nothing blocking the light that you have, there should be enough to grow some things. Lettuce should do OK as well as a lot of herbs and tomatoes. I think you may get smaller tomatoes, but they should still grow.

Ask a Question