My Hibiscus Survived!

Reaction score
0616141249a.jpg

I was worried that after the move and the harsh winter that we had! My hibiscus finally started to sprout leaves again and soon I hope it will bloom! This variety has huge, single red blossoms and has always been a real show stopper!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm very happy for you, hibiscus is a beautiful plant, I've always wanted to grow it. I often drink hibiscus tea:)
Is the soil in your area red? It looks red in this picture. Ever since I read Anne of Green Gables, I've always wanted to live in a place where the soil is red:)

Reaction score
I'm very happy for you, hibiscus is a beautiful plant, I've always wanted to grow it. I often drink hibiscus tea:)
Is the soil in your area red? It looks red in this picture. Ever since I read Anne of Green Gables, I've always wanted to live in a place where the soil is red:)
Woo Hoo! Glad for you that it managed to survive less than ideal conditions. Beautiful flowers on the hibiscus, I can't take enough photos of them!

Reaction score

Our soil is very red and hard! It's not always easy to get plants to take to it, especially since it compacts so easily. It takes lots of amendment and patience to get things to thrive in it! Not to mention that it makes a huge mess and stains everything!

Reaction score
Woo Hoo! Glad for you that it managed to survive less than ideal conditions. Beautiful flowers on the hibiscus, I can't take enough photos of them!

They are some of the prettiest flowers that I have! I can't wait to move the pink ones, too. When they all bloom it looks so tropical!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Our soil is very red and hard! It's not always easy to get plants to take to it, especially since it compacts so easily. It takes lots of amendment and patience to get things to thrive in it! Not to mention that it makes a huge mess and stains everything!
I've never seen red soil in person, but I must say that it looks great in pictures! To be honest, I'd love to have soil like this in my garden even if it makes a lot of mess:p

Reaction score
It is a pretty color, especially when it is damp. I don't know if they make painted sand in this color, but I'm sure that they do. I think you can get it in almost any color!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's the first time when I hear of painted sand, thank you for the information. Do they use natural dyes? I wouldn't want it to poison my plants;)

Reaction score
So glad about your hibiscus! My small container hibiscus standard also has red blooms and is blooming now. Just beautiful! I had a pink hibiscus last year planted in the ground and you are right, they are quite a showstopper.

Reaction score
This is great news. It is so heartbreaking when we plant something so lovingly and then something happens and we worry if it will survive or not. I can't wait to see the pictures you post when it blooms!

Reaction score
Its a strong plant, they survive when they need to. Congratulations and I hope it sprouts as well too.

Reaction score
It's great that your hibiscus made it through all that. I hope you'll share photos with us when it finally blooms. P.S. I agree that the red soil looks pretty cool.

Ask a Question