My germinate avocado is growing

Reaction score
Country
Canada
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
hey guys been germinating this avocado seed.. I don't want a plant it yet since we have some snow coming in soon again. I don't want it to do. I don't have much sun coming in. But should I leave it germinate or plant it?? I don't want it to die. What is the best way to plant it? Do u think it will turn into a avocado tree? And gives me avocados ?

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I would suggest that you look for sources of artificial light. How do you do this? When winter comes, construct a shelter around the avocado trees so that snow does not fall directly on it as it has the potential to cause mechanical injury. I would also suggest that you shop around for artificial sources of light. Plants depend on photoperiods. I would also offer my 50 cents worth of advice that you establish a strong foundational resistance in the plants by supplying copious quantities of manure or compost. It would also be a great disservice not to spray the plants with foliar feed so that they will have vigorous growth which would allow them to withstand aftere conditions. You can begin by hardening them off. Lining around the plant roots will neutralise acidity which is a hindrance to plant growth.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I would suggest that you look for sources of artificial light. How do you do this? When winter comes, construct a shelter around the avocado trees so that snow does not fall directly on it as it has the potential to cause mechanical injury. I would also suggest that you shop around for artificial sources of light. Plants depend on photoperiods. I would also offer my 50 cents worth of advice that you establish a strong foundational resistance in the plants by supplying copious quantities of manure or compost. It would also be a great disservice not to spray the plants with foliar feed so that they will have vigorous growth which would allow them to withstand aftere conditions. You can begin by hardening them off. Lining around the plant roots will neutralise acidity which is a hindrance to plant growth.
At the moment what I have it in is a wet damp water in a paper cloth in a zip lock bag.. But I would like to put it in a soil soon!! The only light that all my plans have now is the window. Not much sun comes at the moment. I would love to get a indoor light hut don't know which one is better etc!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If you don't want to keep it in the zip lock bag, can you pot it and keep it inside for now? The way it looks I think it needs a bit more time maturing, just to get the roots stronger. Congratulations on getting it germinated. Mine didn't even get that far was rotten :(

Reaction score
Country
Canada
If you don't want to keep it in the zip lock bag, can you pot it and keep it inside for now? The way it looks I think it needs a bit more time maturing, just to get the roots stronger. Congratulations on getting it germinated. Mine didn't even get that far was rotten :(
Thanks for replying!!

Actually I tried many methods to grow my avocado seeds.. I have one that's in the water and just now its started to show a tiny crack. I also have a germinate one with the skin that show a small crack and I just put one in the soil and also one with out the skin germinate all at the same one. the best one is this guy with out the skin germinate! Ya I think I will keep him longer till summer comes out summer days! Then I will pot it. I hope I see a stem!
image.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh boy, looks at all of that on your window sill! I like it especially when you're planning from seeds. It is just wonderful to see them everyday and watch them taking on life :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12b - 13b
Country
Mexico
Yay, I love it!. Great job! Now to make sure it does not rot, and when roots are strong enough, pot it :).

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like it a lot. Yes it can survive and grow into and avocado tree and give you more avocados. I like your thinking too about more snow and cold weather coming in. Plant it in a pot in the meantime and then transfer when the weather is better. It has come this far. Keep that little seedling growing. All the best.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Do u think it's ready now or I should wait to pot it? No stem yet just roots. I'm not sure how I will put it soil!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12b - 13b
Country
Mexico
I'd say that you pot it now. Since it already has the seed, it'll keep feeding from it and eventually die if it runs of of nutrients. Once potted, it'll grow new roots and grow fast :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12b - 13b
Country
Mexico
Hold the seedling in place while you carefully fill the pot with soil, making sure you don't break the roots. You can ask
someone to help you hold the seedling in the position you want it, and you fill the pot. Don't bury the seedling completely, leave like 1 or 2 cm of the seed exposed.

avocado-pit-400x224.jpg

Ask a Question