My garlics...

Moh

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Netherlands
Hi gardeners,

I planted a couple of garlics a while ago. They were growing super fast but at some point they stopped and now they are turning yellow. I wonder what I have done wrong. I water them roughly ever 5th day, they are under direct sunshine and I use liquid universal fertilizer every 10 days. You can see their latest shape in the attached picture. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_0725.JPG
    IMG_0725.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 204
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Either one of these two things are happening. You are watering much to often. Garlic likes it fairly dry. Or the plant is mature, the tops are turning brown and about fall over at which it is time to harvest. It is probably #1.

Moh

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Netherlands
Either one of these two things are happening. You are watering much to often. Garlic likes it fairly dry. Or the plant is mature, the tops are turning brown and about fall over at which it is time to harvest. It is probably #1.
How often should I water them?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
How often should I water them?
With onions and garlic it is more difficult to know when to water. Most plants will be limp or droopy in the mornings when they are thirsty. Not so much with these two. Get a wooden ice cream stick or a wooden skewer. Insert the stick into the soil about 3-4 inches. If the stick shows any sign of moisture when removed the garlic does not need watering at that time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hyujos

Latest Threads