my garden is dying

Reaction score
Country
United States
one plant, shrub or tree after another is getting the following disease. it starts with brownish red tips, that slowly crawls inwards and take over entire branches. this is happening to my peonies, hydregeanas, and dogwood trees. all close by each other. also my ferns, although they're at another side of the garden I think they might have anoother problem. I do have fungus rust problems in some spots like my black eyed susies. I haven't fertilized much this year. I do see some small microsopic flying things sometimes and what looks like pieces of cobweb, but not like the webworms, just like a string here and there. could be unrelated.

I'm in 6a 6b garden zone in warwick new york

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
What temperatures are you experiencing and what is your sunrise and sunset time? Your question is broad, over many plants that look good other than the browning. But it is fall after all, and your fall comes much earlier than ours here in Alabama. It has been very dry as well, and those symptoms could be moisture related as well.

Last edited:
Ad

Advertisements

TaprootHydro

Taproot Hydroponics
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
I agree that it is very likely to be a product of the season.
You mentioned you did not fertilize this year. When I see redding and browning leaves that are not attributed to the onset of fall I think of Phosphorus and Potassium deficiency. These elements drive root and stalk development and help boost your plants' immune systems against pests.

Ask a Question