My first orchid

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
A few days ago, my mom gave me an orchid. It hasn't bloomed yet, so I don't know what color it is. I'm so excited! I bet it will be white or pink.
It's the first plant in my new apartment.

tmp_DSC_0691318294133.jpg

tmp_DSC_0692-1674105380.jpg

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Cool :)

Do you see wild orchids round your way Claudine?

Reaction score
Its beautiful Claudine and am so pleased to hear that you've finally got one - especially as I know you had been longing to get a few orchids for your new home.

In the meantime looking forward to seeing the blooms :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Your orchid looks really nice and I hope it blooms wonderful for you. I remember you saying that you had lots of mini roses, did you not take them with you when you moved into your own place?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Zigs - unfortunately, I've never seen a wild orchid here:(
Gata Montes - thank you:) I love my new orchid and I plan to get at least one more, but first I want to find out what color it is:)
Rosyrain, R.R. - my miniature roses are in the attic at my parents' house. They're dormant, so I can't bring them here yet, my new apartment is too warm. I miss them very much!
Jewell - thank you:) I'm looking forward to seeing the flowers, I'm sure they'll be lovely:D

Reaction score
Hi Clauds! Congrats on moving out from your parents house =D It must be so exciting to decorate your new home! As for your orchid.... best of luck with that too, it looks lovely already!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Trellum - it's very exciting!:D I wish I had more money though. Today, I bought a rug and now I can't afford buying new plants:cry: But I hope my friends will bring me some:D
Elenamarie - thank you:) The orchid makes my livingroom look really pretty. Plants are lovely home decorations!:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
How beautiful, Claudine and I can't wait to to see what color it is when it blooms. I have a friend who grows orchids but I have never tried. They sure are lovely though:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They really are!:) In my opinion orchids look like small pieces of art. I'm in love with them.
In the future, I want to have two orchids and at least 20 miniature roses in my apartment:love:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Its beautiful Claudine ,I knew you would be thrilled with your lovelŷ orchid.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you! I'm thrilled with it:) Growing orchids is an exciting thing to do. I hope I'll have more of them. Now, I dream about a white orchid.

Ask a Question