My Dracaena (Dragon Tree) is dying!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi forum!
I am despertately reaching out for help. My dracaena seems very sad. Its sitting next to a north facing window getting part sun in a well lit room. Ive been watering every 2 weeks and repot it a week ago since the previous soil was very dry. What could be going on? Should I do something else or just wait and see? Thanks!

JPEG image.jpeg
JPEG image 2.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
United States
Did you notice any roots not covered by soil? I had this issue and when I pulled the plant out it was root bound and didn't look like much soil left.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Did you notice any roots not covered by soil? I had this issue and when I pulled the plant out it was root bound and didn't look like much soil left.
Fortunately not. The root was covered in soil and I had to remove all of it - including some within the roots - because it was dry

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
United States
How is your plant now?

Older soil is something else for potted plants, all the nutrients go. I used to repot my indoor plants every 2 years or every year for that reason. Plus they were growing so fast. Now everything has grown and in larger pots and appear fine. (My monstera went nuts one year, I had to repot it 3x times. Now she is ok in her 12 inch pot)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hope your plant is doing well.
I had also faced problems like these because I had no knowledge of plants, then I started to research before buying. After that I was able to make them live longer due to knowledge of the plant needs.
I can share some care taking tips with you hope you will like it.

Last edited:

Ask a Question