My chili plant is dying, I don't know what it is

Kaye

Planting Krops
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I'm trying to learn about my chili plant before it completely dies, but all I was told was it's Malaysian Chili, and only the Malaysian chili sauce comes up =(

I'm new to gardening, and I don't know what to do. From my search it could be a Pequin, Purple Cluster, or Tepin. Does care differ?

I have two other chilis thriving in the same soil, but this is dying =(

Help will be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• 20160705_173107.jpg
    20160705_173107.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 381
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I appears to me that when you cultivated around your plant weeding and such that you piled soil up around the trunk of the plant. On tomatoes you can do this but not on peppers. In the future you would be much better off putting down a thick layer of mulch under your plants. I don't think your problem is a virus or disease. It is either as I stated above or a watering issue. What time of day was this picture taken?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
At first look, I also thought it is watering issue. The soil look dry to me :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Maybe the roots of that pepper plant was hit. But check the soil if it is too dry or cracking. The roots of the chili is tender and delicate (depending on the variety). The withering of the leaves means there is something wrong down there so and issue with the roots is my suspicion. And I agree with @Chuck that mulch can help to protect the roots of your chili plant.

Ask a Question