My bean have flowered!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Brazil
This is its first flower, it bloomed on 40th day. It is on 44th day now and I can see pods being developed:
[picture below]
zCnLbap.png

[picture below]
Cwe6YJJ.jpg

Pictures of 40th day.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It looks so lovely, like an ornamental plant:) I've never tried growing beans in a pot, it sounds like a really good idea. Thank you for sharing these pictures.

Reaction score
This is its first flower, it bloomed on 40th day. It is on 44th day now and I can see pods being developed:
[picture below]
zCnLbap.png

[picture below]
Cwe6YJJ.jpg

Pictures of 40th day.
That is beautiful !!! I know what an amazing feeling it is when you put your heart into planting something and wait and wait and it finally arrives!!! Yay for you! :) I am going to attempt planting a avocado seed next time I purchase one for us to eat. I hear they are hard to sprout but we are going to give it our all! We will see. :)

Danyel :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Brazil
That is beautiful !!! I know what an amazing feeling it is when you put your heart into planting something and wait and wait and it finally arrives!!! Yay for you! :) I am going to attempt planting a avocado seed next time I purchase one for us to eat. I hear they are hard to sprout but we are going to give it our all! We will see. :)

Danyel :)
Especially after so many fails. Thank you!
SXPZcGY.png

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Brazil
It died before reaching day 60. A strong wind put the pot onto the ground and the plant didn't survive after 24 hours... This seems crazy but it happened!

I will try again when I buy bigger pots and a decent soil (probably in February 2015). Not just beans but other kinds of plants as well.

The end could be happier but I still consider it a success.

Thank you all!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm very sorry to hear that:( I hate when plants die! It's one of those things that should never happen. Being a gardener can be frustrating sometimes. But it's great that you don't give up:)

Reaction score
It was a beautiful plant. It's a shame that a random wind killed it, but now that you know what to do, you can probably grow another one that will be even better.

Reaction score
What a lovely thing As a kid I planted a lot beans, but I never got to see my bean plants to grow enough to bloom! Lovely!! I had no idea that's what the bloom of bean plants looked like!

Ask a Question