My Bean Battle

Reaction score
Country
United States
20220623_085751.jpg

What is eating my beans? I have never had this happen before in all the years I have been growing them. I tried slug and snail bait, no change. I then tried an organic pesticide, same result. The strange thing is, nothing else in my raised beds is affected??

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Check several times throughout the day and night. Look under the leaf too. You may have to sneak up on it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
View attachment 91030
What is eating my beans? I have never had this happen before in all the years I have been growing them. I tried slug and snail bait, no change. I then tried an organic pesticide, same result. The strange thing is, nothing else in my raised beds is affected??

Hello!

When this happened to me and I couldn't find a pest, it ended up being little birds. They love the water in the fresh leaves. If I cover my plant in a pop up net like this:

If the link doesn't work I just type "garden pop up" in amazon and find them. Anyhow, covering it always seemed to help. They always attack the baby leaves and not the mature ones. Once my plants got more mature they left them alone. Hopefully this helps.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like slug to me, was the bait taken? It can take a while to work. Also time for the plant to recover, the damage doesn't disappear, look at new growth, is that being damaged? Slugs are night walkers, well worth going out with a torch, they don't like being dropped in hot water.

Ask a Question