My basil got snapped in half :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I just want to share something terrible that happened this morning.

As I was washing the dishes, I noticed that the basil I planted in the garden was gone. I went to check it and found out that I couldn't see anymore because it got snapped in half. :(

The basil that I repotted was also gone. My suspects are the rats that have been infesting the garden for quite some time now. I just harvested the basil and repotted the stem that snapped. :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh no, this is really awful!:( I'd be so angry if this happened to me. I hate rats. They're such nasty and dangerous creatures. Are there many of them in your area?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Oh no, this is really awful!:( I'd be so angry if this happened to me. I hate rats. They're such nasty and dangerous creatures. Are there many of them in your area?

Yes! The big black ones! Though I own three cats, they are no match for the sheer number of rats here. Sometimes my grandfather leaves rat poison, but I already said that he shouldn't because it is dangerous.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Back in the 1960's I was in Bangkok along with an interpreter and there were these little food carts on wheels that they cooked on, not too much bigger than a hibachi. They had fried the meat on a bamboo skewer that looked like chicken. I bought one and it was delicious so I got another one and told my interpreter buddy that it was great fried chicken. He said " sawgent, that not flied chicken, that flied lat."

Just a thought for your rat problem

Reaction score
Oh my, so sorry to hear about your basil! That's terrible! I hope the basil stem takes in that pot, so you can recover your plant! Those nasty rats! You should really get a big fat cat, so he takes care of those nasty rats!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Oh my, so sorry to hear about your basil! That's terrible! I hope the basil stem takes in that pot, so you can recover your plant! Those nasty rats! You should really get a big fat cat, so he takes care of those nasty rats!

I already have three big, fat cats, but they are no match to the sheer number of rats here! They are so big, I always run away when I see them. :(

Back in the 1960's I was in Bangkok along with an interpreter and there were these little food carts on wheels that they cooked on, not too much bigger than a hibachi. They had fried the meat on a bamboo skewer that looked like chicken. I bought one and it was delicious so I got another one and told my interpreter buddy that it was great fried chicken. He said " sawgent, that not flied chicken, that flied lat."

Ughhh... Some people here in the provinces eat rats, too. They are the ones found in rice fields though, so they are kind of "clean". However, the ones here are from the sewers! They are very dirty. :sick:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Helagumamela - maybe you should get a Yorkshire Terrier:) I have one and he's great at scaring off other animals.
Chuck - LOL!:LOL: What was your reaction? Did you order another 'flied lat'?:p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Helagumamela - maybe you should get a Yorkshire Terrier:) I have one and he's great at scaring off other animals.
Chuck - LOL!:LOL: What was your reaction? Did you order another 'flied lat'?:p
Actually they were quite tasty and spicy and being from Texas I was quite used to eating things not quite normal. But no, one "flied lat" was enough.

Reaction score

I don't think that's so horrible. People eat all kinds of things, so why not rats? Obviously not the diseased sewer rats, but I don't see anything wrong with eating rat.
People eat rabbit and squirrel, even possum, so why not rat? I'd try it at least once.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
My grandfather told me that he tried eating one before when he visited his nephew in the province. Of course, he said that it tasted like chicken. Why do people say that exotic kinds of food always taste like chicken?

I think that this applies to frogs. I have tried eating frog legs before, and they are very tasty! LOL.

Ask a Question