My aloe plant is leaking clear sap

Reaction score
Country
United States
My aloe plant has had clear sap beading on it for a while now. I've looked everywhere online, and they never mention clear sap - always yellow. I've read that yellow sap and a bad smell is a sign of root rot, but this can't be.

My aloe plant seems absolutely healthy otherwise. I also noticed that it sprayed clear sap on the windowsill. Does it just have too much sap? Is this normal?

Attachments

• 20210116_174001.jpg
    20210116_174001.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 184
  • 20210116_123549.jpg
    20210116_123549.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 146
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I see little white fluffy insects on there? I think that could be wooly aphids which suck the sap from the plant. You need to deal with this straight away - dish soap and methylated spirit should do the trick - they spread quickly :cautious:

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can I see little white fluffy insects on there? I think that could be wooly aphids which suck the sap from the plant. You need to deal with this straight away - dish soap and methylated spirit should do the trick - they spread quickly :cautious:

Hm, maybe. I just assumed the white fuzzy stuff was just the sap drying or something, but it could be aphids. I pulled some of the fuzzies off and some of them had tiny green things inside. Either way, they're definitely not alive, whatever they are.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I couldn't see that because of the pic, but that explains what it is, if you can just pull them off or spray it with a solution of washing up liquid and water.

Ask a Question