Must I lift hyacinth bulbs?

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Got gifted a hyacinths in a pot. Three of them. In flower. Took them out and put into each its own pot. Now three potted hyacinths. Did some reading and learned should lift the bulbs when the foliage goes yellow.
I don't want to do that - I'd like to have masses of them somewhere. Surely they don't do that when there's masses?
And how about this potted three?
How to look after my hyacinths?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a few that have been gifted in pots over the years and have planted them out together near the path where I catch the scent. I have never bothered lifting them and they seem to keep coming back fine, but it usually takes a year or two before they start flowering again, they are usually forced bulbs in pretty small pots and it takes it out of them.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Okay. Well we're half way through winter now. I don't know what they'll do. I suppose a couple of weeks and the flowers will drop and perhaps the leaves will turn yellow. I'll then move them from the pots, then and plant them out, just leave 'em. Be alright?

Ask a Question