Country
United States
Prince Louis Ferdinand of Prussia composed Op. 1- Piano Quintet in C minor

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I put "Long way from St Louis" up on the 'Music from way back when" thread. Played that Peggy Lee, George Shearing LP, Beauty and the beat, almost non stop when I was 15-16 (I959-60), then Bob Dylan came along and things changed forever :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ah yes, 'The windmills of your mind', I swear that if you listen carefully it is total nonsense, I once wrote a parody that started
All the world is circles
some on water some on land
Stones upon the earth
Sharks beyond the sand.
Trouble was that people who read it kept telling me how 'profound' and 'meaningful' it was, and it was meant to be funny, it was only when I pointed out that it matched the tune ...

Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
This is Robin Mary Paris,

37155-757.jpg

She must be getting on for seventy now, she had small parts in a few films between 1975 and 1983. few photos exist of her as she's a very private person..

But she's best known for this. Made when she was fifteen. I've always been aware of the alliteration deliberately included in the lyrics. I used to like the tune because of it.

The video was uploaded in 2016 and the tune set to it.
Despite being over fifty years old this, (or she) is very popular having had over 23M hits.
The video has been used with other vintage pop tunes.

Last edited:
Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question