Mushroom Compost

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I believe it is Zone 8
Country
United States
Just started my small 64sf garden in mid Jan. I used cypress for the surround of the garden, and I found a nursery in my new city that had mushroom compost. I got a nice load of that and that is the soil for my garden. Onions planted after the compost was added, and they are doing wonderful. I love gardening the organic was whenever possible, so this may be my soil of choice. Late last month, I planted two tomato and two bell pepper plant, some pickling and other cucumbers. In a separate space in the garden, I also planted butternut squash seeds.It has been about 8 days now and all are sprouting and looking very healthy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Ireland
i also am using mushroom compost, but i got soil from a local farmers field and then mixed the two last year, brussel sprouts, beetroot,potatoes,and scallions all grew very well in it.

i heard that there is bad chemicals now added to mushroom compost but i dont know if this is true.some say you should leave it a year for them to disipate but i just used it this year anyway when i got a new load.
did you also notice the odd mushroom still growing in it?

Ask a Question