Mums planted in a rainstorm!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I planted these cheerful looking mums during a rainstorm today!

Attachments

• IMG_20210919_152926838_640x480.jpg
    IMG_20210919_152926838_640x480.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 30
Reaction score
Country
United States
That is a nice single Chrysanthemum. I like that shade of pink. You wouldn't happen to have the cultivar name, would you?

Reaction score
Country
United States
"Mums' (Chrysanthemum x morifolium cultivars) are daisies. In the largest sense, all members of the Daisy Family (Asteraceae) are Daisies. The classic daisy form of a circle of disk flowers surrounded by a wreath of ray flowers is also called 'single'. The original wild forms of Chrysanthemum x morifolium are single flowers, as are some of the cultivars that have been bred, including the one in the pic above. Many people are now more familiar with various 'double' Mums, in which the central disk has been replaced by additional ray flowers creating various pompom, reflexed, incurved, and spider-like shapes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
When I go around picking up yard waste I always find a thrown out pot of mums and I pick them up and plant them in the yard. I have three mum plants growing now and they should start flowering soon... I'm amazed they lasted over the summer.

Ask a Question