Multi colored chilli plants!

Reaction score
I have seen some really cure multi colored chilli plants in the past, but they don't seem to be that common over here. I have only seen them here only once! So far I've experience only with chilli plants that bear red chillies that extremely spicy! I might get one in the future, because I think those tiny multi colored chillies look so cute! I think that plant would make any kitchen look so lively!

Here are some pics:

free-shipping-bonsai-Multi-colored-small-seed-vegetable-seeds-color-piquancies-cayenne-pepper-hot-pepper-paprika.jpg_350x350.jpg

ornamental_peppers_4.jpg

ornamental_peppers_2.jpg

img_2586.jpg

Have you ever owned one of those plants before? Ever thought of getting one?

Reaction score
Yes I've had many as I've been growing them for years Trellum - and although I also grow the edible variety of rainbow peppers - I particularly like the many varieties of ornamental peppers as they are so extremely versatile - not only because they can be grown indoors and out - but because I find them especially useful for adding a dash of color to what would otherwise be a dull area and love seeing them planted in containers as well as in the garden.
As they now come in some many wonderful colors - that change throughout the season - its hard to pick a favorite so am adding just a few of the varieties that I have grown and like

Chilly Chili
ORNAMENTAL PEPPER.jpg

Explosive Ember

Ornamental Pepper - in plain pot.JPG

Sangria in full seasonal color

Ornamental Pepper - Sangria.jpg

Chilly Chili and Candlelight

Ornamental Pepper - Orange and Red.jpg

Sangria in its purple phase

Ornamental Pepper - Purple.jpg

and one of my all time favorites Purple Flash

Ornamental Pepper - Purple Flash in container.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'd love to see a multi colored chili plant in person. They look gorgeous in the pictures! I'm wondering what do they taste like. So far, I've only tried a tiny, red chili and, to be honest, I didn't like it at all. It burned my mouth:cautious::LOL:
I dream of growing a few lovely plants like these on a windowsill in my kitchen. I'm sure that just looking at them would make me smile, they're so pretty:)

Reaction score
Oh my gosh! Those are the most beautiful chilis I have ever seen! Here in our place, we only grow those green and red ones. I wonder what they taste like! They will surely look great in dishes! I wish they sell those kinds here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
img_2586.jpg

Have you ever owned one of those plants before? Ever thought of getting one?

Yesterday, I found a chili plant like this in an online store:D The colors are exactly the same. I'm so happy, it will be a perfect little gift for my boyfriend. I plan to purchase a few seeds for him, they're rather inexpensive.
I hope it will be easy to grow it:)

Reaction score
Yay! Glad to hear you found a nice place where to order your seeds from :) I'm sure your boyfriend will be delighted once you give him the plant. Are you just ging to give him the seeds or you're going to try to grow the plant yourself?

Reaction score
Oh my gosh! Those are the most beautiful chilis I have ever seen! Here in our place, we only grow those green and red ones. I wonder what they taste like! They will surely look great in dishes! I wish they sell those kinds here.

I think those chilies are mostly ornamental, they are edible, but bet the taste won't be that great. I still prefer my green chilies whenever I eat something nice at home ;) The smaller the better! Yummy! Actually my dad grows those plants that bear green chilies :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Yay! Glad to hear you found a nice place where to order your seeds from :) I'm sure your boyfriend will be delighted once you give him the plant. Are you just ging to give him the seeds or you're going to try to grow the plant yourself?
I think I'll just give him the seeds:p I'd love to grow a new plant, but I really don't have enough space for another flower pot. Also, I've never tried to grow any chili pepper plants, so I don't have any experience.
I hope my boyfriend won't forget about watering his new seeds:confused:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I had one of those little ornamental peppers one time, and it was covered in the tiny peppers. Mine were the all red ones and I tried using a few in a pot of chili . They were definitely hot, and added a good flavor to the chili.
I don't know if the multi-colored ones are hot or not. I have seen regular sweet bell peppers that come in multi-colors like these ornamentals do, so maybe the colord ones would be okay to add to food as well.

Reaction score
Over here we have a rule= the smaller the more spicy. My dad also grows those plants with tiny red and green chilies, the red ones are really spicy. Those plants look really nice and are perfect when you want to add some spice to your meals. We like to eat them just like that; bite them as we eat something nice.

Reaction score
I think I'll just give him the seeds:p I'd love to grow a new plant, but I really don't have enough space for another flower pot. Also, I've never tried to grow any chili pepper plants, so I don't have any experience.
I hope my boyfriend won't forget about watering his new seeds:confused:

Aw... I think it still is a nice idea :) I'm sure he will have a lot fun germinating those seeds and then seeing them thrive and grow beautifully :) I wish you both the best of luck with those seeds! I suck at growing things from seeds, but hopefully you will be more lucky than I am :)

Reaction score
Yes I've had many as I've been growing them for years Trellum - and although I also grow the edible variety of rainbow peppers - I particularly like the many varieties of ornamental peppers as they are so extremely versatile - not only because they can be grown indoors and out - but because I find them especially useful for adding a dash of color to what would otherwise be a dull area and love seeing them planted in containers as well as in the garden.
As they now come in some many wonderful colors - that change throughout the season - its hard to pick a favorite so am adding just a few of the varieties that I have grown and like

Chilly Chili
View attachment 2723

Explosive Ember

View attachment 2724

Sangria in full seasonal color

View attachment 2726

Chilly Chili and Candlelight

View attachment 2727

Sangria in its purple phase

View attachment 2728

and one of my all time favorites Purple Flash

View attachment 2725

Thanks a lot for sharing all those with us, Gata :) I loooooooooooved the purple ones! Those are so pretty !!!! My dad grows the green and red ones, they are very spicy and even perfect for to be eaten alone or with your preferred meals. Over here we just bite them: the smaller the better. Actually my dad loves to dry those, once they're dry you can use them as pepperoncini for your pizzas... but more spicy!

Reaction score
I think those chilies are mostly ornamental, they are edible, but bet the taste won't be that great. I still prefer my green chilies whenever I eat something nice at home ;) The smaller the better! Yummy! Actually my dad grows those plants that bear green chilies :)

Hmmm. That's too bad. Oh well, they will make a really great addition to any garden! Oh yes. We have those small chilis. We have so many of those in our place. you have to be careful when you pick them because they can leave juice in your fingers. We also have ones that are a bit bigger. It's the seeds that really add the kick.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Aw... I think it still is a nice idea :) I'm sure he will have a lot fun germinating those seeds and then seeing them thrive and grow beautifully :) I wish you both the best of luck with those seeds! I suck at growing things from seeds, but hopefully you will be more lucky than I am :)
Thank you!:D To be honest, I've never tried to grow any indoor plants from seeds. As far as I know, my boyfriend hasn't tried it either. I hope it's not very difficult. Those colorful chili plants look so lovely in the pictures, I really want him to have a plant like this!:)

Reaction score
These plants are goregeous! Holy cow. I love the odd plants to add color to my yard; these are perfect.

Ask a Question