Mulch

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm new to gardening and I was reading on how important mulch is. Mulch is great in the garden because it prevents soil erosion, keeps moisture in the ground, helps prevent weed growth, protects plants from pests, and helps soil maintain an even temperature. With that being said I want to also make my own mulch and I wanted to see what I can do to make it a bit easier. Would you recommend a electric mulcher - shredder? I found used one for cheap but I don't want to buy something that might not work for me. What do you think? https://turbobuyer.com/itm/Sun-Joe-...ric-Leaf-Mulcher-Shredder-Green-/362631294304

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm new to gardening and I was reading on how important mulch is. Mulch is great in the garden because it prevents soil erosion, keeps moisture in the ground, helps prevent weed growth, protects plants from pests, and helps soil maintain an even temperature. With that being said I want to also make my own mulch and I wanted to see what I can do to make it a bit easier. Would you recommend a electric mulcher - shredder? I found used one for cheap but I don't want to buy something that might not work for me. What do you think? https://turbobuyer.com/itm/Sun-Joe-...ric-Leaf-Mulcher-Shredder-Green-/362631294304
IMO that little electric leaf shredder wouldn't be much better than a paper shredder for old documents. You could do a much better job of shredding leaves with a basic lawn mower. A decent mulcher/shredder will shred tree limbs up to 3-4 inches in diameter and that thing will only shred a shovel full of leaves. If you have lots of leaves just pile them around the base of your plants and let them decompose into compost. Save you money to buy some good organic fertilizer or compost. JMHO

Ask a Question