mulch

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
happy new year to everybody - well the raised beds are on my mind - i live in a very warm place last year it was near 90 and humid about 3 months - will mulch help on all my beds and what kind thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Mulch will be of great help. It will keep the soil cooler and reduce evaporation. It will keep rain from splashing soil on your plants thus reducing fungical problems. I think the best mulches are a local hardwood mulch, whatever it may be.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I had mulch for a few years (until I ran out of it last year) from some trees and limbs I had taken down on my property. That was great. Also use straw from feed stores, and autumn leaves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I prefer leafy mulches, which also provide shade and moisture during the hot days for things like ladybugs; keeps them from flying away from your yard.

I either rake up leaves that fall on my street (a lot fall on the west side of my street) or I go pick up bags of leaves left on the curb for yard waste pickup.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Just remember that it is best to apply a mulch when the soil is wet, otherwise there is a danger that any rainfall would not be able to get to the soil.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
wooden mulch gives good result. I am a regular user of it and seen good results.

Ask a Question