Mother's Day

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
With Mother's Day coming up next Sunday I was just curious as to what the best flowers are to send her way. I am always afraid to pick out arrangements that are not pre selected as I do not want to give her any that symbolize death or anything bad like that. What are your thoughts?

Reaction score
I would love to see advice on this as well, plus I'm also wondering what everyone is doing for their moms on mother's day. I'm bringing lunch to my mom and will probably bring her a nice bouquet of flowers. It'll be nice to get ideas for a bouquet from here.

Reaction score
I suggest sending her a little rose bush. I believe that it's a waste to send her bouquets of flowers because they die after a week or so. It would be nice if you give her a live plant so that she could plant it and she could enjoy the beauty longer. Every time she sees the plant, she will think of you. At least, that is my opinion.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I'm giving mine a tomato plant in a 5 gallon planter. Easy to take care of and its the one veggie she can successfully grow

Reaction score
I'm giving mine a tomato plant in a 5 gallon planter. Easy to take care of and its the one veggie she can successfully grow

This is a great idea! How have I never thought of this, haha.

Another idea would be a hanging basket, or something of that nature, that will last for the rest of the season.

Reaction score
I think I would prefer a live plant over a bouquet, but my mom doesn't like live plants. She always says they are too much to take care of. She has fake plants in her house.

Reaction score
Why not a potted plant? I think a potted plant would be quite nice, maybe one of those mutli colored chili plants. Those looks very pretty. If you want something nicer then you can try carnations? A huge carnation plan or a kalanchoe?

Reaction score
I definitely think potted plants make nice gifts. They're better for those who like them than bouquets because they last for a long time! I like the multi colored chili plants as well.

Reaction score
Yeah, Linda, plus, a potted plant doesn't send out the death message to someone (something the OP was afraid to do with their mom). Flowers after all are practically dead when they cut them; the last so little! That's why I don't like to give or receive flowers!

Ask a Question