Moss-Garden Bath Mat

Reaction score
I usually see moss gardens contained in concrete like this first picture.
moss.jpg

Or, I have seen moss pathways like this:
moss1.jpg

What I'm recently inspired to do is this:
moss2.jpg

Except, I want to do more than just a bath mat. Any ideas? Would this be a really expensive project? I know I'd have to wait until the babies are old enough not to pick at it. I just think this is the coolest thing!

Reaction score
If you're lucky enough to have an ensuite, you could have the bath mat-or whatever you end up going with-in your ensuite bathroom that the babies can't get at.

I would imagine though that you could coat the shower wall in moss, although whether you'd want to do that or not is another matter. I don't suppose it'd be viable to use moss as a sort of...spongy thing for washing?

Reaction score
Ha ha! I have no idea! I wouldn't mind having moss on the wall. I think it would look really awesome, actually. It would definitely absorb most of the moisture from showering. Maybe even having a moss walkway outside by a hot tub would be cool too. I don't know. I need more ideas!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
In my opinion it looks wonderful, I would like to have a bath mat like this too:) Moss is very soft and pretty. As far as I know, it's easy to grow. I'm pretty sure it won't be an expensive project at all, you can take moss for free from a forest;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Lol, now, when you mentioned it, I remembered I had seen a really pretty variety of moss on the property of one of my schools, too. When I was a kid, I used to spend a lot of time lying on it, haha. I'm wondering if it's still there:sneaky:

Reaction score
Lol, now, when you mentioned it, I remembered I had seen a really pretty variety of moss on the property of one of my schools, too. When I was a kid, I used to spend a lot of time lying on it, haha. I'm wondering if it's still there:sneaky:

We should have a moss-thieving day!!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
We should have a moss-thieving day!!!!
Haha, yes we should! In my opinion being a moss-thief sounds kind of poetical:D Also, it shouldn't be a difficult thing to do during summer, when all kids have vacations and schools are empty:cool:

Reaction score
Ha ha! I have no idea! I wouldn't mind having moss on the wall. I think it would look really awesome, actually. It would definitely absorb most of the moisture from showering. Maybe even having a moss walkway outside by a hot tub would be cool too. I don't know. I need more ideas!
An entire moss walk way would be amazing actually come to think of it. If you have a pool or anything like that, have a the boundaries done in moss so that it's always absorbing the water from the pool, and it'd mean that you prevent, or at least cut down on the amount of falling and slipping due to the water!

Reaction score
Haha, yes we should! In my opinion being a moss-thief sounds kind of poetical:D Also, it shouldn't be a difficult thing to do during summer, when all kids have vacations and schools are empty:cool:

Hmmmm.. Yes, we will strike when they are unaware and most vulnerable! Muwahaha!

Reaction score
An entire moss walk way would be amazing actually come to think of it. If you have a pool or anything like that, have a the boundaries done in moss so that it's always absorbing the water from the pool, and it'd mean that you prevent, or at least cut down on the amount of falling and slipping due to the water!

I don't have a pool but I was thinking about how awesome that would be to have a pool walkway for that very same reason. However, would chlorine hurt the moss?

Reaction score
I don't have a pool but I was thinking about how awesome that would be to have a pool walkway for that very same reason. However, would chlorine hurt the moss?
As far as I know, pool water will have little to no effect upon plants surrounding said pool, so the moss should be fine. Course, I'm only going off of what a quick Google is telling me, so perhaps someone more experienced could tell us for sure?

Reaction score
AHHH the pictures of the moss are so lovely. Unfortunately, where I live moss does not grow. So I am envious of everyone. I would love to have a moss walkway to walk barefoot on. I can just imagine how glorious it must feel underfoot!

Reaction score
AHHH the pictures of the moss are so lovely. Unfortunately, where I live moss does not grow. So I am envious of everyone. I would love to have a moss walkway to walk barefoot on. I can just imagine how glorious it must feel underfoot!
I wouldn't imagine it'd be too hard to pick it up from a local garden centre, or even off the internet if you wanted?

Ask a Question