Mosquitos

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, as much as I like gardening, the mosquitos are out of control. I get bit so much, at least 3 to 4 bites, when I go out to do gardening tasks. I am new to gardening and have not planted mosquito repellent plants, not that I think they would do much good. I try to ensure there is no stagnant water around but they just seem to be sitting in wait for me to come outside, lol.

So today, I did something a bit odd. I went outside in 88-degree weather in a leather jacket, pants, and boots. I was covered from head to toe. I even had the collar all the way up on the jacket. And, the mosquitos did not get me!!! I sweated up a storm of course but my garden chore did not take longer than 20 minutes so I was able to get away with it. I am a little worried my neighbors may think I have had a psychotic break, lol.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United Kingdom
Ah well this is why you need leg hairs you see I kid you not as one got tangled in mine last night like a trout in a net before he could take a bite :LOL:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When the missus goes places where there is malaria she uses 'Jungle formula', it is DEET 50% (Diethyl Toluamide). I don't know how safe that is, but it is recommended by The Hospital for Tropical Diseases. She reckons it is 100% effective.

Twigs

Nature Hobbyist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone8
Country
United States
1660397118788.gif

Final got that mosquito!

Ask a Question