Mosaic Virus?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I'm pretty new to this. I saw this Monstera Adansonii today in my local garden centre and wasn't sure if it had some kind of varigation or it's the monsaic virus. It's more likely the mosaic virus but just wondered what other people thought. It was in a pot with two other monstera adansonii plants both of which did not have the same patterned leaves. The stem also had lighter parts on it and a new leaf was coming out (see photo). Just curious really! I'd like to know some more about mosaic virus as I have found it pretty hard to identify with this plant considering the texture of the leaves was already quite unusual and bumpy.

Thank you in advance,

Just hoping to expand my knowledge on plants!

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 57
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Due to the health and vigor I would have called it a trait of variegation. What makes you suspicious? I am not very good in this area myself.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think that is Monstera adansonii variegata aura, and agree with Dirt Mechanic's theory.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

Thank you for your reply!

I've heard a lot about this virus in monstera Adansonii and the price of this plant was the same as all the others. There was also one other on the other side in a separate pot.
I really wasn't sure, so didn't want to chance anything passing onto my other plants.

Is there any certain way of identifying if a plant has the mosaic virus?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Hi!

Thank you for your reply!

I've heard a lot about this virus in monstera Adansonii and the price of this plant was the same as all the others. There was also one other on the other side in a separate pot.
I really wasn't sure, so didn't want to chance anything passing onto my other plants.

Is there any certain way of identifying if a plant has the mosaic virus?
Viruses impact cell growth as they replicate. Inflamation is one result. Swelling stops fluid flow and can often be seen in later stages as a duller and lumpier or rougher leaf in addition to the color changes that so easily show up in pictures. 2d pictures don't show that depth as well.

Ask a Question