Moringa tree

Reaction score
I just started growing Moringa from seed and I am super excited. I currently have a small tree growing and I discovered that Moringa is now considered endanger since it became a "trend". I find this news to be disheartening and would like to ensure that I make sure all of my plants are able to seed successfully. I wanted to know if anyone has previous experience with growing Moringa,and about how long it took for it to go to seed.

Reaction score
The Moringa Tree is not native to the United States. It grows primarily in Africa, Asia, and Europe. It's said that the leaves of the Moringa tree have 7 times the vitamin C of oranges; 4 times the vitamin A of carrots; 4 times the calcium of Milk; 3 times the potassium of bananas; and twice the protein of yogurt. I didn't know this about the Moringa Tree. I may have to see if I can find one.

Source: TreesForLife.org

Reaction score
Here is a video of my daughter, using our own method of growing moringa from seed. It seems to grow pretty fast.
I

Reaction score
Here is a picture of my moringa tree, I wish I knew the variety . I will look through my invoices to find out. I finally tried a leaf it tasted real "green" with a hint of strawberry . Plant exploration is so fun!!

dim

Reaction score
I'm going to try one in my garden here in the UK

I've been seing lots of good posts on several forums about this tree

Reaction score
What a fascinating tree! It sounds like a perfect plant for the home gardener whose focus is producing edibles for family use. I almost wish I didn't already have so many trees on my property. Unless the Moringa can be grown in a miniature or bonsai form I don't think I have any room for another tree. Perhaps when I move back to Santa Cruz County I'll be able to get one. Good luck to those of you lucky enough to be able to grow them!

Reaction score
Rzashida, fantastic video! Your daughter did a good job of presenting the Moringa Tree although she appeared to be somewhat reluctant, maybe she was just camera shy, but that is an excellent video, you did a great job .. I'd like to add it to my blog about plants if you're OK with that ... Here's the blog .. Aliveplants.blogspot.com

Reaction score
Oh Thanks Taskeinc, sure you can add it to your blog. I think your blog is really nice, I just subscribed. My daughter is kind of camera shy so she ask me to speak while she demonstrates.

Reaction score
Oh Thanks Taskeinc, sure you can add it to your blog. I think your blog is really nice, I just subscribed. My daughter is kind of camera shy so she ask me to speak while she demonstrates.

Done .. I added the video as a blog post, along with a little info about the Moringa Tree .. if I misspelled Mahogany let me know and I'll correct it. I need to find one of those plants because the medicinal benefits appear to be very similar to the benefits of Aloe Vera.. If we're ingesting 100% from the Moringa tree and 100% from the Aloe Vera plant, we may never get sick again ..

This link will take you directly to the post .. http://aliveplants.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-benefits-of-moringa-tree.html

Reaction score
This is one delicious tree. The greens are so rich in iron and fibre and is super tasty. The vegetable is awesome when cooked with Dhal, Indian style. The bark and the roots of the tree are used widely in ayurvedic medicine for years. We have them growing all over the country side.. I didn't know that it was endangered in some parts of the world.

Reaction score
I have five Moringa Trees grown in my backyard. This tree was there from God knows when. Recently, I started to hear about this tree and how good of a medicine it is. I read that it is the tree of life, and it is the miracle tree that cures everything. I started doing research and saw all the benefits this tree has and it is well-known in Africa.

While I was doing my research I saw pictures of the tree and I told my boyfriend the tree in our backyard looks exactly like the picture on my computer. My boyfriend knew about the tree and said his mom use to give it to him when he was a child. So, I decided to start drinking it as a tea every morning. Every morning I will pick the leaves of the tree, and I will put some water to a boil, and then I put the leaves into the teapot, and cover it for a few minutes then drink it as a tea. I did feel a difference in my body.

I started to gain more energy because I was sluggish and didn't care do much. Now that I have discovered it in my backyard I drink the tea every morning, noon and night. I gain so much energy that I am now an active person working out at the gym everyday. Moringa is a source of powerful antioxidant EGCG as well as vitamins A & C, calcium, potassium, iron and protein.

This is one of the trees grown in my backyard.

1812911125_f1b5edc898_o.jpg

Reaction score
Moringa grows pretty much everywhere in areas with generally warm temperature that's why it's abundant in tropical countries and those areas near the equator. In colder regions you can still propagate moringa in a controlled environment such as a greenhouse. If planted in a container garden, grow lights will be needed.
The leaves of this tree can be used for stews, soupy dishes, and for green smoothies. It is truly a miracle plant.

Reaction score
I am trying to get a moringa plant as I heard that it has tremendous benefits and doing a research on it i realized that it's a miracle plant that is great for weight loss which means it's a must a get this plant.

Ask a Question