Moringa Plant / Tree

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone here heard, knew or planted a moringa plant/ tree.
Moringa known to be a super food. Of course, it is one of our basic plant in the Philippines and haven't known its benefits before I moved here in the US.

Anyone has a plant? Please share your experience. By the way I have 4 plants now.
My hubby haven't tried it before I came here and he loves it every time I put it in a chicken soup...

[ moringga.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Moringa is very common here in my country. In fact, we have a huge Moringa in our backyard. We put the leaves in soup and sometimes, I include them in smoothies. They are very rich in Vitamin C and other essential vitamins. :) My nephews really love these.

Reaction score
You guys are so lucky for having access to those wonderful plants in the Philippines :) over here we could only dream of owning such a plant! I have heard so much about it, would love to have one, but not sure if they can grow in the place I'm moving to soon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
You guys are so lucky for having access to those wonderful plants in the Philippines :) over here we could only dream of owning such a plant! I have heard so much about it, would love to have one, but not sure if they can grow in the place I'm moving to soon.

I would take a picture of it maybe tomorrow because it's the weekend. It's very tall, but it got bent when a typhoon hit last month. This is a positive thing though because I can now reach the leaves better. :p Moringa also grows easily. Just plant a part of it, then it will grow!

Reaction score

Where are you from? If you don't mind. I am here in CA and I am growing 4 plants. I put them inside the greenhouse on winter as it freeze. They grow very slow than growing in the Philippines. My husband was so really amazed when he find out the the goodness about it. Will send you some seeds to plant if you want.

Reaction score
I'm in Texas :) I don't mind at all! I have never seen those plants here, do you think they could grow well here? Are they easy to grow from seed? And thank you very much, you are very kind :) Would love to give that a try :D I'm not very good at growing things from seed, but I'd give it a try for sure, my mom would love to have a moringa plant :)

Reaction score
I would take a picture of it maybe tomorrow because it's the weekend. It's very tall, but it got bent when a typhoon hit last month. This is a positive thing though because I can now reach the leaves better. :p Moringa also grows easily. Just plant a part of it, then it will grow!

Awesome! So it's very easy to propagate? I might try it, but not sure if it can grow in the place where I'll be living in the future, I'll ask anyway :) And yeah, please do! Looking forward to seeing that picture! You guys have access to a lot interesting fruits and plants!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Awesome! So it's very easy to propagate? I might try it, but not sure if it can grow in the place where I'll be living in the future, I'll ask anyway :) And yeah, please do! Looking forward to seeing that picture! You guys have access to a lot interesting fruits and plants!

Yes! I think our moringa grew from like a bark that my dad just put on the ground. He originally thought of using it as a clothesline. I guess he abandoned the idea when it suddenly sprouted leaves. :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Your moringa plant looks beautiful, Speedy! You did a great job, congratulations:)
Do moringa plants grow in cooler climates as well? I'm pretty sure I saw a plant which looked very much alike in my aunt's garden, when I was a kid.

Reaction score
I'm in Texas :) I don't mind at all! I have never seen those plants here, do you think they could grow well here? Are they easy to grow from seed? And thank you very much, you are very kind :) Would love to give that a try :D I'm not very good at growing things from seed, but I'd give it a try for sure, my mom would love to have a moringa plant :)

Great! I am not sure if it is allowed to PM your address here. I will try to send it this coming week. I am not really sure if if will grow in Texas. I've heard it is really good in Florida. Yeah, just give it a try. I started mine from seeds. Now they are growing tall, my mother told me to cut it off so new branch/leaves will sprout. And I planted the end that I cut off and it is growing. I planted mine on the pot,so I can bring them inside the house on winter. :) Yeah, will be glad to send you some.

Reaction score
Your moringa plant looks beautiful, Speedy! You did a great job, congratulations:)
Do moringa plants grow in cooler climates as well? I'm pretty sure I saw a plant which looked very much alike in my aunt's garden, when I was a kid.

Thanks Claudine. :) I am not sure if they will grow in a cooler climate. I am here in CA. I brought them inside the house last winter. It is just amazing. My husband loves it.

Reaction score
Great! I am not sure if it is allowed to PM your address here. I will try to send it this coming week. I am not really sure if if will grow in Texas. I've heard it is really good in Florida. Yeah, just give it a try. I started mine from seeds. Now they are growing tall, my mother told me to cut it off so new branch/leaves will sprout. And I planted the end that I cut off and it is growing. I planted mine on the pot,so I can bring them inside the house on winter. :) Yeah, will be glad to send you some.

Awesome! I'll check if it's possible and get back at you once I do so! It would be interesting to see if they can really grow here ;) It'd be great if I'd get the to sprout! We have a very dry weather tho, do you think that matters much?

Reaction score
Yes! I think our moringa grew from like a bark that my dad just put on the ground. He originally thought of using it as a clothesline. I guess he abandoned the idea when it suddenly sprouted leaves. :p

Hahahahahahaha!!!! Omg!!!!!! Sorry, that's so funny!!!! LOL!!! I had no idea that could even be done!!! And awww for your dad, what a disappointment, hehehe! But I bet he can get a clothesline that doesn't suddenly sprouts leaves :ROFLMAO::LOL: Ah well, but at least your guys got your moringa, hehehe! What a nice little surprise :giggle:

Reaction score
Awesome! I'll check if it's possible and get back at you once I do so! It would be interesting to see if they can really grow here ;) It'd be great if I'd get the to sprout! We have a very dry weather tho, do you think that matters much?

Cool...Yeah, i think so.. TJust it give it a try. I just throw some seeds in our aquaponic grow bed and they start sprouting. You would love this.. Moringa leaves are very expensive in the Asian stores, like $4 /b? weewww.. Try it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thanks Claudine. :) I am not sure if they will grow in a cooler climate. I am here in CA. I brought them inside the house last winter. It is just amazing. My husband loves it.
Maybe what I saw in my aunt's garden wasn't a moringa tree. I was a child back then, so I don't remember it too clearly. Winters here can be really harsh, so a tree like this probably wouldn't survive outdoors.

Ask a Question