Morel Mushrooms in My Front Yard

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
This morning was the third picking of morels. Although they have popped up in the backyard in very small numbers they have never been enough for a meal. This year they are prolific in part of the front yard so we’ve had a couple of big meals with morel mushrooms and steak, given a shopping bag of morels to a coworker and am now drying my last harvest. Am wondering if I might replicate the conditions of that plot of yard in another section of yard with any success or is this just a once in a lifetime occurrence. They are definitely tasty but not very pretty except to a morel fancier.
F4442BCE-47AD-4C9C-8F80-72FD673490A2.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I grew up picking them! You could get rich selling them. Currently selling $180 per pound!!
Quite the price per pound for sure. They are by far the best tasting mushroom in my opinion. Too bad they weigh so little. Will be quite the treat later in the year.

Ask a Question