More herbs

Reaction score
Which herbs do you finds yourself planting and using the most? Is it your favorite and if so why?

Reaction score
I love all the basil's. I find them versatile, and I love putting them in salads, sandwiches, you name it, not just Italian. I am crazy about lemon basil and thai basil, just great in Italian and everything, don't let an Asian name fool you into thinking it's limited to Asian. lol. :)

I love oregano. I have both cuban and greek. Again, because of the tastes.

I am totally in love with lemon things. Lemon verbena is one of my faves. I love lemon thyme, and lemon balm and lemon grass. also. I also love mexican marigold mint, or it's also called american tarragon. I also use both chives, garlic and onion. I love all the mints, I use chocolate and peppermint the most, but I have spearmint this year too. I find mint in things not usually traditional for mint is most tasty. I love that celery taste that looks like parsley I was talking about in another post. I use pineapple sage with my lemon things, it's a nice compliment to other herbs as well as food.

I love all of them, I use them all, all the time. Frankly, you asked almost an impossible question. :) I'll go out and just snip herbs for spaghetti that most people would not think of for it, simply because I have them and they work great! Heck, I even put oregano leaves and basil leaves and other things on my Subway sandwich if I bring it home.

Reaction score
Mint is my main one, I have a variety of different types. I have sage and rosemary, some basil, just to name a few. The mint is a spreader so I plant it in spots that it can spread to its hearts content!

Reaction score
Mint and basil. I plan to get a few mint and basil plants once I move, I don't do that here because then I'd be temped to go back gardening, but I know I just can't go back to that even if I really want to. Will definitely keep those two nearby in the kitchen in the future tho. Those two are great aids!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love many herbs, because they're easy to grow, they smell beautifully and they look really decorative on a windowsill in my kitchen:) My current favorite is mint, because its taste is very refreshing. I often drink mint tea during summer.
I also like basil, thyme and lemon balm.

Reaction score
I love growing basil, oregano and rosemary because I use those herbs in my spaghetti sauce. I also have mint growing inside and in a plant container outside. I love how it smells and I put it in my tea. I also have some parsley growing because I use it when I make homemade dog treats for my dogs. I also have a nasturnium growing on my kitchen windowsill. I know you can eat the flowers but I just have it because I like the bright colors of the flowers.

Ask a Question