More help

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
20170311_164738.jpg

What is the tall plant in front of the glass block window? And can I trim the top? Right now there are red flowers of some spey toward the top. Kind of a fuzzy looking thing. It is tall enough that it rubs our soffit. I have to cut it, but will it damage the plant? I need to trim about two feet off the top.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Rather than cutting it, have you considered moving the shrub? It looks pretty young and by clearing away the mulch you should be able to dig most of the root system, then replace the mulch.
If you decide to move it, cut it back by about half, then prepare a hole where it can grow without damaging anything, plant it at the same depth it was growing, and keep it watered until it grabs hold.
My guess is that it's a bottlebrush, but that is only a guess.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
No offence meant vette-kid but when you'd like plants identified could we have a picture of the whole plant and close ups of foliage and flowers if possible please. It's quite difficult to identify a plant in the distance. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
No offence meant vette-kid but when you'd like plants identified could we have a picture of the whole plant and close ups of foliage and flowers if possible please. It's quite difficult to identify a plant in the distance. :)

Non taken, it's a bad pic. I'll try to get a better one tomorrow. (y)

Ask a Question