MoonShadow's Greenhouse

1. MoonShadows

MoonShadows

MoonShadows submitted a new Showcase Item:

MoonShadow's Greenhouse

Read more about this showcase item here...

MoonShadows, Dec 3, 2017
    johnny canoe likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. MoonShadows

Ian Administrator

Great work @MoonShadows - you're really neat in your work. I like the idea of the solar water heater - quite an advanced thing for a greenhouse and great fun to build :).

How much of a difference has adding the foil made - can you feel a change when you walk in there? I know it's a little early to tell, but perhaps you've noticed a slight change.

Ian, Dec 3, 2017
    MoonShadows likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. MoonShadows

MoonShadows

Thanks, Ian! It's a lot of fun!
    Yes, the foil insulation and other things have helped. I have remote thermometers outside, in the greenhouse and under the cold frame cover. Right now, it is 27F outside. The greenhouse is 35F and under the cold frame cover, it is 40F. That my not sound like much, but it can make all the difference in whether plants will survive. The ground insulation and solar water heater should greatly improve these numbers. The foil insulation is also increasing the light intensity.

MoonShadows, Dec 3, 2017
    Ian likes this.
  4. MoonShadows

Daren

vary nice Moonshadows, I've always wanted a Timber greenhouse & love your eco Heating. Its the way forward. your be potting up in the warmth of your greenhouse while the cold is still biting outside:)

Daren, Dec 7, 2017
    MoonShadows likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question