Monstera Thai Constellation

Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Hello everyone!
I have a problem with one of my Monstera Thai Constillation. The plant had a problem with overwatering, but I changed the soil so it is more suitable for it and it is dry for three days now. But this thing (see picture) is still spreading and it doesn’t look like those spots caused by overwatering-those are much more darker. Is this sun burn or something else?

Attachments

• 1F0AC29A-8924-4595-8BA5-5EEA3B6554E1.jpeg
    1F0AC29A-8924-4595-8BA5-5EEA3B6554E1.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 797
Reaction score
Country
United States
Your plant needs good natural bright, indirect light, filtered light or a little morning sun. If Its not getting enough light it can't process the water in the pot and will stay too wet in the soil. That was your original problem and not over watering. Changing the soil can cause a lot of problems due to increasing water volume and not matching the original potting soil. All you can do now is wait it out and see if the roots are too damaged to re-grow or not. Put it in a good spot and let the top inch dry well before watering again.

Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Your plant needs good natural bright, indirect light, filtered light or a little morning sun. If Its not getting enough light it can't process the water in the pot and will stay too wet in the soil. That was your original problem and not over watering. Changing the soil can cause a lot of problems due to increasing water volume and not matching the original potting soil. All you can do now is wait it out and see if the roots are too damaged to re-grow or not. Put it in a good spot and let the top inch dry well before watering again.
Thank you for your replay. I replanted it because when I watered it first it stayed wet for one week and did not dry out at all. Therefore I made much more earial soil mixture to help drying out. I did not know that it will be too stressful for the plant. I moved it 1 m (3 feet) away form my south window, which is covered with a translucent curtain to speed up the drying but since it started to form those big brown spots I moved it a little further back (2 m or 6 feet), since I thought they are because of too much sun.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Often, I will have a pot that will hold water for as long as 10 to 15 days, if I saturate or flood the top with water. However, if I measure the amount of water and know how much to use, I can minimize the amount of time by reducing the amount of water I give it.

Ask a Question