Monstera (Split Leaf Philodendren)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings,

I'd like to know what these tubers are running from my Monstera. Are they roots? Can they be cut off without hurting the plant? I've not been successful at finding what they are on the internet. If any of you can tell me what they are and how to handle them, I would greatly appreciate it.

Best regards,

Palmlin

Attachments

• Monstera1.jpg
    Monstera1.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 161
  • Monstera2.jpg
    Monstera2.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 144
  • Monstera4.jpg
    Monstera4.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 149
Reaction score
Country
United States
Aerial roots. Monsteras are vining plants that live on trees in nature and use these to attach themselves as well as use them to find water. You could trim them or propagate. Essentially if you heard about nodes, those nodes are where the aerial roots on ur plant form when propagating. I'd invest in a moss totem and some plant tape. Moist the moss totem and lower the normal watering so you encourage the vines to wrap around the wet moss totem and hold itself up

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you so much, Raain5outh. I was wondering why the water went away so quickly after watering. Will definitely look into the moss totem.

Ask a Question