Monstera problems

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello; I have a problem with Monstera from Home Depot. I have purchased the plants twice, and twice I have had the same problem. One year I purchase 20 Monsteras and the leaves started to grow; once the leaves reached certain growth, they leave start disintegrating as if it was exposed to freezing temperatures. The process starts pon the leaves and travels down to the core of the plant. I can cut the leave, the stem will continue to go bad until it reaches the trunk of the plant. I took all the plants back to Home Depot. The next year (this year), I purchase the same amount of plants from the same store. I am having the same issues. Being 20 plants, I decided to wait and see if the plants would progress. I purchase the plants in February, it is now July and I am having the same issue. Can someone tell me how to save them? The first time I took them back, the store did not have an answer for me, and gave me the money back.
IMG_7413.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hey there if the leaves are turning black or have black spots it’s usually overwatering but I’ve occasionally had this happen when they get sunburns. I place mine in indirect light and water only when the top 2 inches of soil are wet.

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
Sorry this has been happening to you :(, do you mind giving us more details? Like, where do you have it? what kind of light is it receiving? How often do you water it? What kind of soil is it planted in? At first glance it seems like overwatering is killing your plants, but that's just a guess.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Seems like Over watering issue. Just came across this video that explains how to take care of your Monstera.
I hope this will help.

Ask a Question