Monstera leaves yellowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! :)

So I’ve had my monstera for around 1.5 years and overall it’s been doing well and grown a lot.

Over the last three weeks, however, I noticed that two leaves at the bottom have started to turn yellow. I had to discard of them, and now another bottom one is slowly turning yellow. I heard it’s normal for older bottom leaves to die and I had some new growth over the past couple of weeks at the bottom, so I wasn’t super worried until now.

However, another leaf at the top is starting to turn yellow at one edge, unlike the more even yellowing of the other leave. Could this also be due to age? (The burned patch is from last summer, when the plant got a little too much sun.)
I tend not to water too much in winter and always test the soil with my finger first. I watered yesterday and noticed today that the yellow part now seems to have a distinct, more brownish, edge.

Maybe someone here can tell me if there’s cause for concern or if it’s just the normal growth cycle.

Thank you :)
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome to GF
It could be that they got damaged from the sun. Or it could be the cold weather that we've been having. Here's a video

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome to GF
It could be that they got damaged from the sun. Or it could be the cold weather that we've been having. Here's a video

Hello, thank you for the suggestion! I thought about temperature and sun, but the crispy tip was covered by other leaves, so I don’t think it was sunburn. And I’ve had the heating on to combat the cold weather (plus it’s been warmer the past few days), so I’m not sure if the weather is what’s causing it. But I will try misting the leaves a bit to combat the dry air I think

Ask a Question