Monstera Leaf Ripping- What is Wrong - Please Help

Reaction score
Country
Germany
So today I noticed this brown ripped edge on the fenestration of my monstera, one week ago she didnt have anything of the sort (no rip or anything) so now I am a bit freaking out. Upon inspecting past photos, I see she had a faint line at that spot that has now ripped - attaching photo of that as well - it is with the red circle. She looks healthy otherwise, growing a new leaf steadily. She is in a mixture of soil for gree plants, orchids soil, perlite and a bit of coconut coir. I havent watered her in a week as the soil is still moist. As the weather here is still not very warm or bright, she is under a growing lamp for the time being and is kept inside at constant temperatures and humidity at around 60%. She is also in a plant bag instead of a pot to allow for better breathing. Any advice or tips would be much appreciated! Thank you!

IMG_7131.JPG

Underside:
99152432_551750102193629_5248279628589563904_n.jpg

Past photo:
IMG_7132.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
You have nothing to worry about because its mechanical damage. When you moved the plant or the fan blew the leaves to much it cracked a leaf. Maybe being in the fabric bag instead of a pot allowed the leave to bend too much. When it happens the plant doesn't show the damage until the edges dry. The areas you are pointing at are the perfect place for a break. Be very gentle, very fragile plants.

Reaction score
Country
Germany
You have nothing to worry about because its mechanical damage. When you moved the plant or the fan blew the leaves to much it cracked a leaf. Maybe being in the fabric bag instead of a pot allowed the leave to bend too much. When it happens the plant doesn't show the damage until the edges dry. The areas you are pointing at are the perfect place for a break. Be very gentle, very fragile plants.

Thank you so much! I think the damage happened when she was shipped.

Ask a Question