Monstera Leaf Ripping - What is wrong - Please Help

Reaction score
Country
Germany
So today I noticed this brown ripped edge on the fenestration of my monstera, one week ago she didnt have anything of the sort (no rip or anything) so now I am a bit freaking out. Upon inspecting past photos, I see she had a faint line at that spot that has now ripped - attaching photo of that as well - it is with the red circle. She looks healthy otherwise, growing a new leaf steadily. She is in a mixture of soil for gree plants, orchids soil, perlite and a bit of coconut coir. I havent watered her in a week as the soil is still moist. As the weather here is still not very warm or bright, she is under a growing lamp for the time being and is kept inside at constant temperatures and humidity at around 60%. She is also in a plant bag instead of a pot to allow for better breathing. Any advice or tips would be much appreciated! Thank you!

IMG_7131.JPG

Underside:

99152432_551750102193629_5248279628589563904_n.jpg

Past photo:

IMG_7132.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
You damaged it moving it or brushing against it and you have nothing to worry about.

Ask a Question