Monstera help!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
I bought a monstera cutting in November. It has put out two leaves over the winter and spring. The problem is it hasn’t produced any new leaves since April. The roots are healthy (I recently gave it new dirt in the hopes that would help). I didn’t change the size of the pot but there were plenty of strong healthy roots and no root rot. There is even a healthy white root coming out the side and you can see it’s growing and a new one that grew down into the soil. I’m wondering why it hasn’t produced any new leaves? Everything I read says in the summer they should be growing like crazy and mine seems like only roots are growing. Should I change its location? Help!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
How much / how little light?
What is the soil mix and how fertile is it?
How wet? Does it dry out at all between waterings?

I've only had my monstera since March or April. I have it in a window getting direct sun until around 11 AM then diffused light past then. it's put on three leafs per vine (two vines in the pot) and the fourth leafs on each vine are just starting to unroll.

I have been letting it dry out some between waterings but not desiccated dry.

You said this was a cutting when you got it. Plants do need to set enough roots to support the above ground growth.

Ask a Question