Monstera geniculum or scale? Chlorosis?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has an idea of what this is? I just got this plant from someone and trying to rescue it. Good chance its been overwatered as but was away from a window for a year and been on a week schedule from previous owner. I feel its got chlorosis and whatever is on some of the stems. Root ball was pretty healthy, no root rot but looks like it could have been root bound for a while.

Can anyone clarify what it is? It only seems to be on the leaves that are lighter or turning light green/yellow. Ive gone and repotted it with an aroid mix and gave it some worm castings and seaweed with iron plus a neem oil treatment. Anything else that could help right now?

1.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-08 at 20.09.03.jpeg

2.jpg

Geniculum or scale?

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would be tempted to take all the yellow leaves off. Then with a thorough watering leave it in a nice bright place without direct sunshine and wait. Watch out for insects like spider mite.

Welcome to the forum by the way :)

Ask a Question