Monstera Deliciosa Troubleshooting?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello!
I've had this monstera for a while and it has never been the healthiest plant- it wasn't looking great when I picked it up but has improved in color and growth rate greatly!
However, I've noticed some spots on it that almost look like scabs. I've been looking around and can't find anything that looks exactly like this. My best guess is 'rust' fungus; I initially thought it was scale, but none of the 'scabs' anywhere on the plant are coming off when scratched.
I noticed this recently, but don't think it has spread too quickly. I'm also including a picture of a leaf that has always looked strange, just in case it helps indicate anything.

I appreciate any ideas and tips on helping this plant! Thank you so much!
IMG_2621.jpegIMG_2622.jpegIMG_2623.jpegIMG_2624.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This puts me in mind of a similar plant I had many years ago when my children were small. It turned out that one of them had been wounding the plant with his thumb nail :grumpy: the wounds healed up just like they would on any skin, and the child was eventually bought a one way ticket to Australia, where he now lives :happy:

Ask a Question