Mixed Greens

Reaction score
Hi! I made the mistake of leaving the turtle sandbox out in the same spot on the lawn for two weeks. Now, there is absolutely no grass growing where it once was. I know the simple solution is to plant some grass - duh! Unfortunately, my lawn is composed of various mixed greens and if I were to simply throw down some grass seeds, I'm going to end up with a perfect circle of lush green grass among an enormous yard full of the exact opposite. Is there any specific type of grass seed I should buy or is there a method I can use? Thank you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi! I made the mistake of leaving the turtle sandbox out in the same spot on the lawn for two weeks. Now, there is absolutely no grass growing where it once was. I know the simple solution is to plant some grass - duh! Unfortunately, my lawn is composed of various mixed greens and if I were to simply throw down some grass seeds, I'm going to end up with a perfect circle of lush green grass among an enormous yard full of the exact opposite. Is there any specific type of grass seed I should buy or is there a method I can use? Thank you.
It will grow back by itself in no time. Just throw a couple handfuls of good compost on the area

Reaction score
Wow! Thank you, Chuck! I was really worried because I rent and I don't want to have caused any damage to the look of the landlord's house and yard. I will throw some compost down as you've suggested. Thank you again. This issue has been bugging me for days now!

Ask a Question