Mint: minimum size container? Will it come back after winter?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I want to grow some mint, but I do not need a ton of it. Could I just grow a little in a one gallon container?

I live in Denver, Colorado. The outside mint I planted last year looks dead. Will it come back? The sage I planted last year also looks dead, but it comes back every year, seems indestructible.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
The best mint is catnip. Harvest it midseason when the leaf is ripe and bursting with life and dehydrate it for Christmas season catnip gifts and the ladies in town will favor you!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Very difficult to kill mint!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
med
Country
United States
I want to grow some mint, but I do not need a ton of it. Could I just grow a little in a one gallon container?

I live in Denver, Colorado. The outside mint I planted last year looks dead. Will it come back? The sage I planted last year also looks dead, but it comes back every year, seems indestructible.
Yes I grew some in an old tire a few years back and they keep coming back and they have not over grown the tirer so I think that it would work for potted containers.

Ask a Question