Mimosa Like Plant????

Reaction score
20140721_175208.jpg
20140721_175331.jpg
20140721_175230.jpg
These have popped up all over my flower bed. I planted zinnia, sunflower, bachelor button, and columbine seeds but I don't believe it is any of those. Last year I had one similar plant pop up that grew to the height of my house?!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Unfortunatly I believe that is coffeeweed or Sesbania. There are a bunch of different kinds

Last edited:
Reaction score
These have popped up all over my flower bed. I planted zinnia, sunflower, bachelor button, and columbine seeds but I don't believe it is any of those. Last year I had one similar plant pop up that grew to the height of my house?!

Looks very much like Mimosa Pudica to me - which is also known as " The Tickle me Plant " - the reason being that every time you touch the leaves of this plant - it moves just as though it was being tickled :cool:

Which of course you would easily be able to confirm - just by testing anyone of your numerous plants to see if the leaves are sensitive to touch :D

Reaction score
So many plants have leaves like that which makes it really difficult to determine what the heck it is. Unless you get flowers and you haven't had it before then you can just call it an unknown weed and pull it out.

Reaction score
Maybe keep one of the plants and see if it grows like the one that you had before; it might be something different this time. Mimosa trees are one of my favorite trees. I love the leaf fronds and the feathery flowers.

Ask a Question