Micro drip irrigation

ziskasun

A seed once sown never dies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I just finished my fourth line of micro-drip irrigation for my indoor container garden. I used 1/4" flexible tubing and the small fittings and connectors. There are T connectors, corner connectors and some have little flow regulators to shut off the water. This system is non-pressurized and completely gravity powered. I used 1.5-gallon buckets and some marine grade epoxy to make a hole in the bucket and attach the tubing to feed into the drip line. There are drippers in each container. So far it works quite well but I do need to work on the amount of water for each individual plant as some plants need more than others. I would love ideas if anyone else is using gravity micro drip watering. Happy growing!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I use a gravity feed drip system for a lot of the gardens in my yard, some are 300 feet away from the water source. The water comes from a spring high up on a hill. It works fine except the drippers are not consistent and need to be cleaned every now and then. Using buckets you shouldn't have that problem and you can also add Miracle Grow from time to time.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Where I come from, people have adopted hydram technology which pumps water from waterfalls using backward thrust to drive water uphill. Once installation has been done, one can install a drip irrigation system. The simplest drip irrigation system I know of is using inverted water filled bottles in the area around plant roots.

Ask a Question