Meyer Lemons ready to eat

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
At last my Meyer lemon tree has lemons ready to pick and eat or at least it will with in a week. Its lemon cookies and cake time (y) There about 20 lemons on the tree and that means I'll have lemons until the first of the year

Fresh lemons 001.JPG Fresh lemons 002.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Gee, that's a very pretty picture of your ripening lemons. We have lemon trees around our house but I haven't seen them with that lots of fruits. So what are you going to do with the fruits, give them away to neighbors? Whenever we would have a ripe lemon, expect a steak dinner. Lemon is so good in flavoring beef because it purifies the taste and takes away the gamey taste. A lot of lemon juice in a steak makes for a good gravy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I will use the lemons to bake with, the rinds I will use in my veggies for that citrus flavor , the lemons will stay fresh if I leave them on the tree until I need them. I've never use lemons on my steaks but it sounds good. I'll even make lemon aid.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like an excellent crop! I really fancy a bit of lemon cake now :D Have you ever tried a recipe that includes whole lemons? I tried it once and it was lovely - here's the recipe I used: Mary Berry's Whole Lemon Cake

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Looks like an excellent crop! I really fancy a bit of lemon cake now :D Have you ever tried a recipe that includes whole lemons? I tried it once and it was lovely - here's the recipe I used: Mary Berry's Whole Lemon Cake

Becky, I love Mary Berry, I watch her on the Great British Baking show on our local PBS. Thanks for the link.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Lemon desserts have to be one of my favorites without a doubt. In my childhood home we had a big lemon tree in the yard, so lemon flavored sweets remind me of my childhood. I wish I had a lemon tree where I am living now - I also love using lemon for housecleaning! Everything smells so fresh!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Lemon desserts have to be one of my favorites without a doubt. In my childhood home we had a big lemon tree in the yard, so lemon flavored sweets remind me of my childhood. I wish I had a lemon tree where I am living now - I also love using lemon for housecleaning! Everything smells so fresh!

Meyer Lemon trees can be grown in a large pot and put out in the full sun in the summer and you can bring it back into the house in the winter, it takes about 2 years before you get lemons but its worth it :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
At last my Meyer lemon tree has lemons ready to pick and eat or at least it will with in a week. Its lemon cookies and cake time (y) There about 20 lemons on the tree and that means I'll have lemons until the first of the year

View attachment 9313 View attachment 9314
Wonderful crop of lemons on such a compact tree. I'm happy for you but maybe a wee bit envious. This is my lemon tree...Lisbon....and not one lemon. Apparently it takes a few years. Three so far. Can't wait till I can just pop out and pick lemons.
image.jpg

Reaction score
Congratulations on harvesting your plant! Your lemon tree looks gorgeous. Whenever my lemon tree would be ready for harvest, I always thought about making lemonade. It never crossed my mind that I could make lemon cookies and such. I bet they are going to be delicious!

Reaction score
Country
United States
The tree look so great growing indoors. That amount of Meyer lemons on a little tree in such a small pot is a tremendous blessing. It all looks so convenient and healthy. I wonder if the tree will grow larger or will the size of the pot determine further growth? Can the tree be maintained like that and produce more lemons next season over in November or December next year?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The tree look so great growing indoors. That amount of Meyer lemons on a little tree in such a small pot is a tremendous blessing. It all looks so convenient and healthy. I wonder if the tree will grow larger or will the size of the pot determine further growth? Can the tree be maintained like that and produce more lemons next season over in November or December next year?

The tree will start producing lemons by December or when I have picked all the lemons off the tree, It will only get about 8/10 feet tall if planted in the ground and about 5 feet in a pot,I'm planing on putting it in a 10 gal pot come spring and that's where it will live for the rest of its life. I keep it about 3 feet tall so it will be fuller and produce more fruit. I pick the lemons as I need them that way their fresh. I also have a Clementine orange tree that has done nothing yet maybe next year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, it's a lot of lemons, Fernsdaddy! They look very big and healthy and I'm sure all those lemon cookies and cakes you plan to make will be absolutely delicious:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I did make lemon cookies and yes they were delicious, I just made lemon icing for a chocolate cherry cake, I hope every one likes it if not all the more for me :)

Ask a Question