Meyer lemon poor health

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I received my first Meyer lemon tree about a month or so ago. It showed up in good health but I can't say that it looks as good now lol.

I acclimated it for the first week with mild light levels and ph'd (6.0) water (distilled with no nutrients) using a fast draining soil. It did well for the first few weeks under my T5 HO, even after switching it to my HP LED moderate/full light levels. Last week I noticed it started to form buds/fruit balls which I thought was totally weird being how small the plant was, well they fell off as they were definitely premature and under developed but then it started to drop leaves. Moving into this week I noticed the leaves that were left starting to discolor. Now to me that would indicate possible deficiencies or the dredded overwater condition. I don't think it's my watering schedule since I wait until the soil it pretty much totally dry before bottom watering. I do use nutrients mixed with my water but I've only just started adding them into the plants retuine at a very diluted concentration 80-100ppm fluranova grow (20ppm cal/mag). The plant doesn't seem to be in any immediate danger but I don't like the direction it's headed. I'd like to get an opinion as this is my first citrus plant. I do grow indoors in a climate controlled tent with a high output led light, temp around 75-80 degrees Fh with a humidity of 45-50 (%R/H). I looked at the leaves under my microscope and don't see any evidence of pests/mites. From what I've researched I think I'm doing everything right but the plant seems to disagree. I've attached some pictures for reference. The leaves seem to point straight upwards which seems odd, the color appears to indicate iron or magnesium deficiency maybe, oddly one leaf seems to have developed a random tear in the center. What concerns me most is with half the vegetation lost I don't have much room for error and I don't want to end up with a leafless stick in my grow room lol. Any help identifying these symptoms? Thanks fellow growers.
20210623_214315.jpg
20210623_214336.jpg
20210623_214455.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If the pictures are an accurate depiction it appears that the tree is beginning to show a micro-nutrient deficiency, probably iron.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah seems odd since I'm feeding it. Maybe I need to bump up my nute ppm but I'm afraid I'll burn it with such a young plant.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yeah seems odd since I'm feeding it. Maybe I need to bump up my nute ppm but I'm afraid I'll burn it with such a young plant.
Yeah, you're feeding it, but with what? It is micro not macro nutrients it is needing. And that little tree can withstand a lot more than a little seedling can.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I use floranova grow which should have everything it needs including trace minerals. I added some mycorrhizae to the soil when repotting too which should add some good benefitials. I supplement with cal/mag which may not be necessary. I checked the root system and the roots look healthy with no dead spots. When I water next I'll try adding a bit more nutes and see how it goes. Below is a picture of my nutrients for reference.
20210625_211137.jpg

Ask a Question