metalgardenbeds

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
They came up with non rotting corners because most that use the roofing tin method have a wood frame with a table saw cut groove for the edges.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Hey Christain, I was almost going to welcome you as a new member... silly me.... saw the 29 posts in 2 years....

We'll all jump in to help but I apologize, I'm a bit suspicious about your enthusiasm for gardening..and I bet others are too.

I responded to your other post and now....

Just saying...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
United States
Sorry that's funny. I'm interested in gardening. I try not to be on forums too much. I get sucked in and next thing you know I've spent too many hour overthinking or spending time on my computer. Couple years ago I was planning a larger garden. But our soil is such hard clay like, it became really difficult for a newbie. Without folks in my area to help, I gave up. Had some decent tomatoes and corn. But felt it was more work then it was worth. Now that I have a raised garden bed, things might go a bit less laborious. No tilling hard clay soil for one!!! I find out my wife only likes lettuce/Kale/Bok Choy, I thought go smaller. Plus my canaries need lots of greens. Raised bed seems like a better option. Nothing to be suspicious about.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I use raised beds because I also have heavy clay soil. This one is now coming up to it's third summer.
Raised bed so far.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
United States
Never heard of that company, but those metal flower beds look cool. I bet they last a life time.
If they are taken care of i wouldn't doubt it. I continue to look at other brands, but keep coming back to that one. They keep extending their free shipping which is nice. Just wish someone had experience to share on this product.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
United States
The garden bed section I'm considering is 10.5' x 3.5' and 18" tall. My only concern is whether it is big enough. I may just have to buy it and find out I guess. Can always be used for flowers. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
@ Christian that's really deep for a raised bed. For lettuce and stuff, you only need to go maybe 10 inches max - I mean, think about the depth of pots and lettuce has no problem growing in pots.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
United States
Noticed Walmart is selling cedar raised beds 4' x 8' x 10.5" for $79.95
No tools except maybe a rubber mallet. Might get a couple of those instead.
Reviews are quite favorable too. Made by Greenes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corncob

Latest Threads