May be a rain lily?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We have these pop up in the lawn, barn lot, orchard area after a rain. We thought they were rain lilies, but were told that rain lilies don't come in this color:
Rain Lilies.jpg

They have been here since we moved here, and we didn't plant them. Everything about them matches the description of rain lilies except the color.
Can anyone help me solve this mystery?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We have these pop up in the lawn, barn lot, orchard area after a rain. We thought they were rain lilies, but were told that rain lilies don't come in this color:
View attachment 14754
They have been here since we moved here, and we didn't plant them. Everything about them matches the description of rain lilies except the color.
Can anyone help me solve this mystery?
My wife is the expert on flowers and she says it is indeed a rain lily, probably this one.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/47033/

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Chuck, thank your wife--give her a big hug from me! That's it, and no one else has been able to identify it for us. I've copied the link into our "flower bookmark" so I can tell folks what they are.
Again, thank your expert wife for IDing the rain lily for us!

Ask a Question