Marcotted citrus

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Our marcotted calamansi is still alive and givins us fruits for 10 years already. However, we noticed that from a big tree, it is now cut down to a small one may be due to its age. But what's wonderful is that it still looks normal. The calamansi is a citrus with a juice like lemon. It is round and small although much stronger in sour taste than a lemon. I wonder how long this citrus plant will leave.
IMG_3587 kalamansi.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I don't think I've seen this kind of tree before but if it's like a lemon I'm sure it's pretty versatile! Are there any good recipes you can use it in?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
It is very much like what we call a Lime Tree and the description you give of its flavor is also similar. In Mexico it is used the same way lemon is used, but it is used daily and at homes and restaurants it is always on the table to be squeezed on just about everything. Your plant looks very healthy and hopefully it will grow quickly in your warm climate:)

Ask a Question