Mango Tree And Avocado Tree

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there!

We live in florida, in hardiness zone 9b. We just purchased a new home and the landscaping includes a mango tree and 2 different types of avocado trees. We are not florida natives and have never grown these trees, so I'm not sure what is normal of abnormal and how to best care for the trees and maximize harvest.

The avocado trees seem to be doing great and are covered in baby avocados, but the larger tree has some leaves with these holes. Is this something to worry about?

The mango tree appears healthy, but only produced 3 or 4 fruits, which fell off in a rain storm. However, it does have a few yelliw, spotty leaves. It is sprouting new leaves that are reddish-brown in colir, but those appear healthy. I'm thinking that might be normal, but your input would be appreciated.

My husband went outside the other night and found bugs on tge bottom of the mango, they look like weevils of some type, so that makes me concerned about the yellow leaves with holes. The bugs are not there during the day. And I'm hoping the avocados aren't in danger.

Any advice or tips on these leaf changes and parasite control? If my tree is healthy, any tips on how to increase fruit production next year?

Attachments

• 20170611_103120.jpg
    20170611_103120.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 1,456
  • 20170611_103013.jpg
    20170611_103013.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 1,276
  • 20170611_103117.jpg
    20170611_103117.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 2,064
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi there!

We live in florida, in hardiness zone 9b. We just purchased a new home and the landscaping includes a mango tree and 2 different types of avocado trees. We are not florida natives and have never grown these trees, so I'm not sure what is normal of abnormal and how to best care for the trees and maximize harvest.

The avocado trees seem to be doing great and are covered in baby avocados, but the larger tree has some leaves with these holes. Is this something to worry about?

The mango tree appears healthy, but only produced 3 or 4 fruits, which fell off in a rain storm. However, it does have a few yelliw, spotty leaves. It is sprouting new leaves that are reddish-brown in colir, but those appear healthy. I'm thinking that might be normal, but your input would be appreciated.

My husband went outside the other night and found bugs on tge bottom of the mango, they look like weevils of some type, so that makes me concerned about the yellow leaves with holes. The bugs are not there during the day. And I'm hoping the avocados aren't in danger.

Any advice or tips on these leaf changes and parasite control? If my tree is healthy, any tips on how to increase fruit production next year?
Reddish to purplish NEW growth is normal on a mango. I would give all of the trees a good spraying of a spinosad based insecticide which will take care of any insect or caterpillar which may be making those holes and making the leaves turn yellow.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Reddish to purplish NEW growth is normal on a mango. I would give all of the trees a good spraying of a spinosad based insecticide which will take care of any insect or caterpillar which may be making those holes and making the leaves turn yellow.
Thank you. Any tips to get the top of the tree?

Ask a Question