Mango Plant Misterious Leaf Problem

Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Hi!

I have a mango leaf problem which it really started to worry me.

At home I have a potted one year old mango plant I have grown from seed.

Everything was fine and a plant was very happy until a month ago when it started developing new leaves in a really weird way. I was looking on the web about possible pests and diseases it may have but I couldn't find anything very closely related to this. I am devastated about its condition and I really don't know what to do. The plant was checked for bugs but I can't find any.

Do you have any clue how can I help my mango tree to become healthy again!

Any help would be appreciated!
IMG_1353.JPG IMG_1354.JPG IMG_1355.JPG
IMG_1353.JPG

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Is your soil constantly wet? It should be. If it is dry, solid and hard, it might mean that the plant lacks vitamin and minerals. Make sure to water it with dechlorinated water (water that stood uncovered for more than 24 hours)
Hope it improves!(y)

Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Hmm I've read that mango don't want to get wet feet often and I'm keeping it pretty dry all the time. Thanks, I'll try to water it more often and we'll see if it improves.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

You did not mention if and how you fertilize your Mango (Mangifera indica; Anacardiaceae). The leaf symptoms shown, may be be due to a nutrient deficinecy, perhaps a Zinc deficiency. Fertilize your mango with a complete, liquid fertilizer on a regular schedule, monthly is often an acceptable frequency. Note, the damaged leaves will likely not fully recover, but if a nutrient deficiency is properly addressed, the new growth should appear looking normal.

Of course correct irrigation and drainage are important as well. Aim for consistently moist, but well-drained soil.

Ask a Question